The sorts of marketing and advertising costs that you can claim
The sorts of costs that may be well worth paying for will include:
- Hire a CV professional to review your CV and help you update it may attract potential hiring managers towards you in the future. This service is quite cheap, and it could be a good investment for your future.
- Hire a LinkedIn profile expert to take a look at and `spruce up’ your profile. They can also make sure that the layout is correct, and it shows your experience and achievements. They will also make sure that they show keywords here, which recruiters use when searching LinkedIn for new candidates. This service is also not very expensive, and it could be a good move for the future.
- Create and run your website. You could do this in your own home office. Many IT contractors have an idea of where to start here, but if you are not sure about certain aspects, you could use a template like WordPress. WP will help you with the basics. You could hire a web designer for specific elements that you do not understand, such as web templates and a logo, etc. Your website will have annual hosting costs on web servers, and the yearly fee is typically less than £100.
Other costs that you can claim
Other types of marketing and advertising costs that you may incur will include:
- The cost of a business computer that you can use for your business activities including the marketing and advertising.
- The cost of web domains. If you have this, it will give your business a professional image when it has a domain of its own. Also, you should use this in conjunction with your business website. What’s more, you could also use the domain name for business emails. Domains will need renewing on an annual basis, and this normally costs less than £30.
- Other web costs such as Google Adwords, Facebook, and Twitter adverts. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) for your website. Please note, Google ranks websites on content. What’s more, well-written content is what Google looks out for when ranking sites on the net.
- Advertisements in press and media. Such adverts can be both in local and national media. You might also choose to use some of the online business listing sites.