First of all, the creator of this resourceful website is a Contractor Accountant specialist. In fact, I have been looking after UK contractors, freelancers and small and medium business for almost 30 years.
To summarise, you can view my LinkedIn profile here.
In conclusion, I provide accountancy services and I look after contractor clients in all sorts of industries. What’s more, my clients are across the whole of the United Kingdom.
Making Tax Digital (MTD) is now on the scene. Therefore, any of my clients that are VAT registered need to maintain their company’s records on a digital system.
With the new MTD rules in place, there is a growing number of digital systems out there. However, the more established ones are FreeAgent, Sage, Xero, and Quickbooks. In fact, when you look for an accountant they should be familiar with how these online services work.
Please note, FreeAgent is suitable for small business. Therefore, this includes contractors and freelancers and this works well for all of my clients.
Furthermore, Xero is suitable for more significant concerns.
Are you looking for accountancy services?
First of all, are you are thinking of changing your accountant? The best time to do this is at the start of a new financial year. Indeed, I have written a couple of articles on this that are on this site.
Alternatively, are you are looking to appoint a contractor accountant to provide accountancy services for the first time? I will be happy to help and advise here.
Our monthly charges for accountancy services for contractors are:
|The fee to cover our time||£80.00|
|FreeAgent licence fee||£15.00|
Our monthly charge for accountancy services is £80.00. This is the annual total to cover all the work for you and your company, divided by 12 to arrive at the monthly amount.
- When you start up for the first time or you are thinking of changing accountants, one key area is to set up your own Business Tax account. What’s more, this will make the process when you appoint us as agents for your company taxes much quicker (days, not weeks). UK company taxes are Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE/NIC. In fact, once you register, you can add each tax service where relevant to your business tax account. Please use the link below to register as a limited company or other organisation -please scroll down to the third bullet point on the list: https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services/register
- Secondly, please consider opening a business bank account with Natwest, RBS or Mettle. As a result, the bank will cover your FreeAgent licence fee and the above monthly charges will be £80.00 + VAT £16.00 = £96.00.
- Furthermore, please read my guide to UK contracting. This applies to UK small business too: https://www.contractoradviceuk.net/a-guide-to-contracting-in-the-uk/
- In addition, please have a read of this article -running your own company: https://www.contractoradviceuk.net/running-my-own-limited-company/
- Finally, please read my tax tips: https://www.contractoradviceuk.net/tax-tips-for-uk-contractors/
What we include within our accountancy services fees
First of all, our accountancy services work covers all the annual cycle of reporting to the authorities. To sum up, this includes:
- A check of your VAT return figures before we go ahead and file these and advise you on what to pay.
- We prepare monthly payroll and the associated RTI (Real Time Information) filings with HMRC. In fact, your payslips will appear on FreeAgent automatically once these are processed. What’s more, we will advise you monthly or quarterly on what to pay to HMRC for PAYE/NIC.
- The annual company accounts preparation. Furthermore, this work includes Corporation Tax calculations and a Corporation Tax return. In addition, the online filing of these with Companies House and HMRC.
- We also include any general admin type work. This will include preparing minutes, making changes with Companies House, forwarding mail, etc.
- What’s more, as part of the service we prepare and file yours and your partner’s personal tax returns.
- In addition, we look at tax planning for you and your company.
- Finally, as part of the accountancy services I answer any questions as and when these arise. When a query is a complicated one and involves detailed research, an additional fee may apply for my/our time.
Finally, if you are looking for an accountant and are interested in signing up as a client or would like to know more, free feel free to send me a message on the chat bot on this site, This feature can be found on the home page if it is not appearing on here.